Academic Registry Offices

Undergraduate/Postgraduate Offices (Registry Offices)

All students are allocated to an Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office during the Welcome Programme. Your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office is the key administrative service to support you in your studies throughout your time at the University. It will be here that you go with timetable queries, to plan your modules, to hand in your coursework, to collect letters you may need, and to ask any questions about your studies. Even if it is not the office you need, the staff will be able to direct you to the right office or service.

You should also contact your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office in relation to the following issues:

Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office
Queries about your enrolment status, the fees that you have been charged or if you have not received your student loan
Module Registration and queries about your timetable or the requirements for your course
If your ID card is not working
The results for you modules, including result queries, claims for mitigating circumstances, appeals, and advice about examination arrangements
Advice on claiming credit for previous study or experience
Obtain standard letters and council tax exemption certificates
Visa extension letters for international students
Advice on the consequences of withdrawing from your course
Book an appointment to see your Personal Academic Adviser (Undergraduate students)/help to contact your course leader (Postgraduate students)
Applications to the Access to Learning Fund and information about University bursaries (Undergraduate students)

Your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office is responsible for processing your results and ensuring that they are published on time. Each group of courses has a Course Administrator and you will become familiar with them throughout your time at the University. Your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office will also contact you if you are missing classes or not submitting work on time.

The offices are normally open throughout the academic year but can also be contacted by phone or email

When contacting your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office, please always quote your student number as it enables staff to access your information quickly and so respond to your query.

Your assigned Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office

The location of your Undergraduate/Postgraduate Office depends on your course and the academic Department/faculty that delivers your course.

Undergraduate Students
Single honours, Foundation Degree and HND students are allocated to an Undergraduate Office in the building in which their course is based while joint students are allocated to the Undergraduate Office associated with the first subject (alphabetically) of their course combination.
Postgraduate Students
Postgraduate students will be assigned to the Postgraduate Office linked to your course, normally in the building where the subject teaching staff are located.

  Page last updated : : 17 Sep 2013